Now I remember in college thinking any kind of "Helper" meal was fancy and delish. Last night however, I realized it is neither of those things. The Tuna Helper literally looked like the crap I was blowing out my nose a few weeks ago. The taste??? Bland and Blander. I tried to doctor it up with some spices but then it just became a mess of garlic salt and chili pepper. And no, I don't know why I thought chili pepper would help. It was an act of desperation.
As I was gagging down my dinner I started thinking about other food items I used to love, but now think are gross.
- Spaghetti-O's - Used to be a special day when we got Spaghetti-O's. Now, they taste like ketchup with soggy noodles and dog food.
- Hershey's plain chocolate - Used to be the best chocolate. Now, unless smashed between graham crackers and roasted marshmallows, smells like feet.
- Pizza Rolls - Used to be the best snack after school. Now, as stated yesterday, taste like poison.
- Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (or any canned soup for that matter) - Used to warm my soul, now tastes like chemicals and salt.
- Powdered Parmesan Cheese (you know the kind in the green container) - Used to cover my pizza slices in it, now tastes like shredded up paper.
Is this normal??? Does anyone else have foods they used to love and now can't stand? Does this taste thing correlate to money? Like because Tuna Helper was all I could afford I thought it was delicious, but now because I can buy food that is not on the 10 for $10 list it is gross? HELP!!!
MUCUS (i mean tuna helper) EATER